To attract the best clients, you first have to invest in your business.
Selling, especially in the early stages of a startup, is the most critical skill you'll need to keep your business alive.
But if you don't have a background in biz dev or sales, the thought of picking up the phone to call a prospect -- or showing up at a trade show or demo day to face customers in person -- is terrifying. How do you know when to push and when to pull back? What's your body language saying at the negotiating table? Is your client ready to close the deal, or still puzzling over your marketing materials? And is your elevator pitch (or landing page) putting people to sleep, or driving sales? Read on for solid advice (and brilliant sales tactics) from entrepreneurs who've been on both sides of the table.
The offer might look good now, but don’t overlook these details.
Learn how to keep business strong even when competitors are intentionally undercutting your prices.
Keep your customers happy and coming back for more by offering excellent refund policies.
More in this category
Questions & Answers
- 9 Creative Features to Include in Your Refund Policy in Order to Keep Customers Loyal
- 10 Ways to Attract Customers During Slower Months
- Promotional Strategies That Drive Up Sales Without Hurting Your Value
- 7 Things You Should Consider Before Hiring a New Vendor
- 8 Tips for Designing a Compensation Package for Your Sales Team